BA Integrated Social and Cognitive Psychology | 2007
MA Intercultural Humanities | 2009
Current Position: Culture Development Manager, Continental, Berlin, Germany
Position at time of interview: Culture Development Manager, Continental, Hannover, Germany
Tell us about your job.
- Manage and coordinate selected cultural development initiatives to further strengthen the "Great People and Pioneering Culture" at Continental. The focus is currently on #diversity and its catalytic power towards #innovation.
- Conceptualize and pilot global cultural development programs / measures to strengthen the above-mentioned topics.
- Design and pilot measurement methods for cultural evaluation and support in the global implementation of relevant surveys as well as measuring the effectiveness of global cultural initiatives.
- Ensure continuous and effective communication with all stakeholders at the different levels and in the various organizational units of our Group.
- Community Management (internal as well as external).
What attracted you to Jacobs out of all the other possibilities you were considering?
Back in 2002/2003 when I was looking for education opportunities in Europe, Jacobs (then International University Bremen) was the only place in Europe that could offer the type transdisciplinary and cross-cultural experience of its kind in English and with the financial support that I needed. Today, some of these frame conditions are available from other universities as well (English programs, financial support and incentives) but the experience of living in a campus with such a broad range of cultures and studying not for method but for the big problems of our age (e.g. mobility) remains unique.
What did Jacobs do for you that you were not expecting?
Jacobs helped me discover who I was and, beyond that, let me gain confidence. I learnt patience, I learnt perspective taking, I learnt sensitivity to different perspectives.