The Pathway to your desired international degree program
The International Foundation Year (IFY) at Constructor University prepares students for a successful higher education journey. This one-year academic preparatory program allows you to explore different fields of study, strengthen personal and academic skills, and develop English language abilities.
International Foundation Year offers two pathways to an Undergraduate degree course at Constructor University. Based on your high school diploma, you will either go on the Qualification or on the Orientation pathway.
You want to study your favored degree program at a top private international university in Germany, but you don’t meet the entrance requirements yet?
Then the Qualification Pathway is your choice! Study a specific subject area (Technology, Science, Society) and qualify for direct entry.
- Choose one subject (from subject areas Technology, Science, Society)
- Choose 2 modules within the same subject area and study one in the 1st and one in the 2nd semester. Get prepared for the exams necessary for guaranteed admission to your desired degree program at Constructor University
- Take part in the Test AS examination
- Successfully complete the program
- Progress directly onto year one of the chosen degree
Are you unsure what you want to study? The Orientation Pathway gives you the chance to explore a variety of subjects and make the right decision for your degree program later.
Our academic staff will assist you in finding your study direction. Or stay within one subject area and prepare for a specific degree course.
- Choose a subject in the first semester
- Have the option to stay within a specific subject area or choose again from a different subject area. Select your preferred modules in different subject areas.
- Decide on a degree program in the second semester
- Successfully complete the IFY program
- Progress directly onto year one of the chosen degree
- Gain experience from a highly supportive and academically challenging university environment
- Develop your study skills, decide on your study direction and qualify for the route to your international degree
- Improve your Academic English – academic literacy as the foundation for successful education
- Take your time to develop and learn in a less formal teaching approach, strongly supported by your teachers and academic advisors
- Intercultural Experiences - Gain an understanding of other cultures to prepare you for your international career
- Earn up to 15 transferable undergraduate course credits (ECTS) that will count towards your bachelor’s degree at Constructor University.
- Get guaranteed admission to Constructor University after successful completion of the IFY program. Constructor University is top ranked #3 Young University in Teaching in Germany (THE Young 2022)
- Enjoy the inspiring atmosphere of living and learning in an international, safe campus environment with students from over 110 nations and a rich offering of sports activities, clubs and socializing events.
- Benefit from promising career prospects thanks to strong professor and alumni networks
As a private, non-profit, English-speaking university offering the highest standards in research and teaching, Constructor University attracts highly talented and open-minded students from all over the world. On Germany’s most international campus students become citizens of the world, able to take responsibility for a sustainable and peaceful future of humanity.
Top-ranked in Germany and worldwide
Among the top 30% of universities worldwide
#1 University with the most international outlook in Germany
#1 Private university in Germany
#1 In Germany by number of top-ranked categories
#13 Small university worldwide
The experience of your lifetimeAre you into sports or arts? Develop your interpersonal and intercultural skills by joining one or more of our many clubs and participating in a variety of campus life activities. Build good sportsmanship on our Rowing Team, strike the right notes in our J-Cappella choir, or philosophize in our Debating Society. No matter what your interests and hobbies are, there is something for everyone. Of course, having a good time with new friends in college is a given!
You will live in your own furnished room in a modern two-bedroom apartment unit sharing bathroom facilities with your roommate. There are four residential colleges on campus, each with its own spirit and atmosphere.
You will benefit from:
- Personal support on campus by Resident Mentors in each college
- Full board in student cafeterias (“serveries”) in each college
- Coffee Bar on campus (yum)
- Sports facilities and a library
- A theater, a student bar and an interfaith house
- 24/7 security on campus
- Beautiful location close to a river and recreational park
- Close to the city center of Bremen, 20 minutes by public transportation
Should you have questions regarding the admission process or the International Foundation Year Program in general, do not hesitate to contact the International Foundation Year Team.
Whatsapp / WeChat: +49 151 142 67 805
Tel: +49 (421) 2004216
I am originally from Mexico, but in my many years abroad, I have had the chance to fall in love with an international way of living. I have lived and studied in Germany, Italy, and France.
Nowadays I work as a Recruitment Counselor for the International Foundation Year Program here at Constructor University and I will be glad to help you with any questions you might have about the program.
Languages I speak: English, German, Spanish, Italian, and some French.