The program is application-oriented in its nature. This is reflected in the modules by aligning the contents with real-world issues, integrating practitioners from successful companies of various industries, and collaborating with companies in case studies and simulations. The program focuses on companies´ needs today and considers external company structures. It explores supplier relationships as well as the management of relevant company networks.
MSc Supply Chain Management (online)
Program duration: 2 Years (4 semesters)
Degree and ECTS points: Master of Science, 120 ECTS
Starting date: Fall 2024
Graduate of the Supply Chain Management (online) program will have:
- In-depth understanding of the essential aspects in designing, maintaining, and analyzing supply chains.
- Competencies and capabilities to be prepared for all upcoming tasks and developments within increasingly digitalized supply chains.
- Modern leadership and management competencies with a strong emphasis on data analytics and engineering.
- Ability and the readiness to recognize the potential for change, initiate change processes, and the successful design of these change processes.
- Experience working with and within companies and quickly developing professionally through frequent, individual feedback sessions and personal guidance.
The unique selling point of this program is the strong focus on data analytics and data engineering. In an increasingly interconnected and digitalized world, a vast amount of data is gathered along supply chains that need to be processed, analyzed, and made accessible to decision-makers. Specially tailored modules in data analytics and programming equip our students with these skills, which are in high demand across industries.
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, logistics, economics, industrial engineering and management, or information technology. Applicants should possess elevated analytical, problem solving and verbal communication skills, which must be substantiated in recommendation letters. Admission is based on the candidate’s university achievements, recommendations and self-presentation. The following documents need to be submitted with the application:
- Letter of motivation
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Official or certified copies of university transcripts
- Bachelor’s degree certificate or equivalent
- Language proficiency test results (minimum score of 90 (TOEFL), 6.5 (IELTS) or 110 (Duolingo)).
- Copy of Passport
- Letter of recommendation (optional).
The program is designed for students of different professional, geographical, and cultural backgrounds. Candidates who are dedicated and interested in gaining theoretical and application-oriented knowledge are particularly addressed by the program. Before admission, applicants have already completed their first degree or equivalent training in logistics, economics, engineering, or information technology. Applicants with first degrees in other subject areas with a proven particular affinity or strong interest in the topic and the desire for further master-level practical education are also welcome to apply. The program addresses young professionals with a few years of work experience who would like to focus or deepen their knowledge in the field of SCM and who are interested in an application-oriented course of study.
The study program Supply Chain Management is part of the School of Business, Social & Decision Sciences.
When considering the development of our modern global society, individuals are regarded as indivisible biological, psychological, and socially determined beings.
This area includes topics such as social cohesion, state systems, the preservation of social welfare, or the effects of regulatory systems on the individual, such as their impact on human rights. Diversity is thus regarded as a driving force behind development and progress.
Students are guided through their studies via the state-of-the-art Learning Management System (LMS) provided by Constructor, leveraging an active approach to knowledge discovery.
Tutors and lecturers support our students in their learning through virtual study groups, peer evaluation, and mentoring. This is an online program with optional blended elements such as internships at our partner institutions to gain professional experience