Research-driven Master and PhD programs linked to the working world
Graduate education at Constructor University offers an excellent research-driven education experience across disciplines.
Students thereby benefit from the university’s focus on research. They are encouraged to involve in real-life projects from early on, thus being prepared for successful global career paths in industry, politics, society or science.
Completion of these programs leads to a Master of Arts (MA) degree, a Master of Science (MSc) degree or a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree.
At the Master level, students deepen their knowledge, specialize in an area of their choice, and further extend their academic qualifications. At the same time, Master students at Constructor University are trained to investigate and analyze issues from multiple perspectives and without clear-cut disciplinary boundaries.
- With Computer Science and Software Engineering (MSc), Data Science for Society & Business (MSc), Data Engineering (MSc) and Supply Chain Management (MSc) Constructor University offers four English-language Master programs in fields with excellent global career perspectives.
- Psychologie (MSc) addresses German-speaking Psychologie Bachelor of Science graduates. It offers a broad continuative education with a specialization in either clinical psychology or business-related fields of human behavior and diversity.
- International Relations: Global Governance and Social Theory (MA) focuses on the analysis of governance beyond the nation-state. This research topic is examined from a political science perspective, and within the context of enduring processes of globalization and increasing cross-border activity. The program is offered jointly by Constructor University Bremen and the University of Bremen.
Constructor University has a strong focus on research. This is documented by the annual output of peer-review articles (360 publications for 2018) and the number of third party funded projects from both industry and public funding authorities such as the German Research Foundation.
Among professors and postdoctoral fellows Constructor University’s PhD students, which constitute more the one-quarter of all students at Constructor University, play a vital part in defining Constructor University as a research institution.
There are two different approaches to obtain a PhD degree from Constructor University:
- Individualized, research-oriented degrees and structured PhD programs such as the Bremen International School of Social Sciences (BIGSSS) which is offered in cooperation with the University of Bremen.
- Furthermore, Constructor University is affiliated with the Max-Planck Institute of Marine Microbiology via the graduate program in Marine Microbiology (MarMic) and the Alfred Wegener Institut (Helmholtz Zentrum für Polar- und Meeresforschung – AWI).
Completion of a PhD degree at Constructor University usually takes 3 - 4 years depending on the field of research. PhD degrees may be obtained in natural sciences, mathematics, engineering disciplines, social sciences and humanities. Admission to PhD studies is highly selective and attracts scholarship holders from many governmental agencies such as the China Scholarship Council (CSC) to DAAD-funded students from all over the world. Prerequisite for admission is a field-related Master's degree (or equivalent).
Each year approximately 80 students complete their PhD degrees.
The Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences (BIGSSS) is a joint project by Constructor University and University of Bremen. It integrates excellent areas of graduate education and research into a synergetic inter-university institution build for structured PhD education.
A core emphasis of the programs is placed upon supporting the participants’ personal development in terms of soft skills and language skills.
To account for the diversity in the student body and their tendency to work in Germany, we train students in (German) language proficiency and convey country-specific information to best prepare them for the national as well as the international job market.
- Top-ranked education
- Hands-on research and start-up options
- English-speaking and international
- Excellent career prospects
- Career counseling and active alumni network
Get in touch - let your future start at Constructor University
Recruitment Counselor & Admissions Officer
Office: RLH, Room 291
Do you have any questions or need consultation?
Call us or write us – we are happy to help you with your inquiry.