This webinar is a part of an Innovative Universities Global Webinar Series.
Established in 2011, through a partnership between Yale University and the National University of Singapore, Yale-NUS College is a leading liberal arts and sciences college in Asia. It’s unique common curriculum and residential programme integrates living and learning, bringing diverse experiences and disciplines together while enabling interdisciplinary learning that develops critical thinking and cultivates cross-cultural competencies. This imbues its students with the skills needed to tackle today’s local and global issues. Drawing on the resources and traditions of its founding universities, a Yale-NUS education promotes broad-based intercultural and interdisciplinary learning in a highly international context.
Prof. Joanne Roberts
President of Yale-NUS College
- Joanne Roberts became in July 2022 the third President of Yale-NUS College to broad inclusive models of education in supporting students’ academic and personal development.
- Prior to becoming president, she served as the College’s Executive Vice President (Academic Affairs) from 2018 to 2022.
- She has served as a member of the executive of the Canadian Economic Association, President of the Canadian Economics Women’s Network, and co-editor of the Canadian Journal of Economics.
- A Polanyi research prize winner, Professor Roberts previously held the Canada Research Chair in the Economics of Organizations at the University of Calgary.
- Roberts served on the board of the Calgary Immigrant Women’s Association.