Business & Economics
Multiple time series analysis, public economics, finance, business cycle analysis, competition policy
- temporal disaggregation and cointegration, causality
- uncertainty and exchange rate and asset price modelling
- tax policy, government budget balancing
- business cycle measurement and forecasting with survey data
- empirical analysis of competition legislation
Venia Legendi in Economics and Econometrics; Ph.D. and Diplom from the Economics Department of the Humboldt Universität Berlin, Bsc. Econ from the Economics Department of Hull University.
German Academic Exchange Service, Deutsche Bundesbank, Fundacao Getulio Vargas.
Senior Lecturer at the ETH Zurich, Professor (Full) of Economics at the German University in Cairo
Advisor to the Ministry of Finance, Switzerland (2015 - ), Consultant to the Parliament of Hesse, Germany (2010), Consultant to the Parliament of North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany (2008), Consultant to the Bundestag and Bundesrat, Berlin, Germany (2007), Consultant to the Ministry of Economics, Switzerland (2003).